ObjectiveMouse control (moving mouse cursor, clicking and dragging) by eye movements.
DescriptionBy moving the eyes up/down or left/right the mouse cursor should move accordingly. A left click is performed by dwelling (stopping movement and waiting for some time). To do a right, double or drag click select the respective button in the ARE GUI and move the cursor to the location where the click should be performed at.
- Tobii Eye Tracker 4C attached
- Tobii Eye Tracking Core Software installed and running.
- AsTeRICS 3.0 installed and ARE running
- OS: Windows
- Start AsTeRICS Runtime Environment (ARE)
- Windows: ARE.exe
SettingsYou can adjust the many settings below and save them as default for the next ARE start.
Mouse Movement1 500
Mouse ActivationImagine to divide the screen into 4 quadrants. Those can be used to define a mouse activation pattern similar to a smartphone unlock pattern. A pattern of 1,2,4,3 requires to look at the quadrant 1,2,4,3 in the specified order to activate mouse movement.
PatternClick on screen quadrants to create a mouse activation pattern.
On-Screen KeyboardInstall an On-Screen Keyboard of your choice and enter the path of the executable here.
- osk.exe: Windows default On-Screen Keyboard.
- OptiKey: On-Screen Keyboard optimized for Eyetracking.
- Staggered Speech: On-Screen Keyboard from Boston College.
- Midas Touch: On-Screen Keyboard from Boston College.