# Use Cases
# Why AsTeRICS?
There are many Assistive Technologies available on the market, but in many cases they are too expensive or not suitable for a certain combination of disabilities.
- provides support for many consumer devices which can be used as input devices (e.g. switches, eye-tracker, webcam, …).
- let’s you combine several input devices depending on your capabilities (e.g. 2 switches + 1 eye-tracker).
- provides support for many use cases (e.g. computer control, environmental control).
- has more than 160 plugins.
- allows easily customizing existing solutions or designing new ones.
- is Open Source, which means that it is free forever and others can contribute to the framework.
# Partners & Funding
The AsTeRICS project was funded by international and national research grants. AsTeRICS was initiated by KI-I Linz and the UAS Technikum Wien. The creation of this web page was funded by the City of Vienna, MA23, in course of the project StudyATHome Internationally (Grant Nr. 22-07). In Feb. 2017 the AsTeRICS Foundation was founded to bring the project results to people with disabilities, to organize workshops and to maintain project results, see About Us.
# AsTeRICS Project Web Page
This is a newly created web page to present AsTeRICS technologies and corresponding documentation. If you are looking for the web page of the original AsTeRICS project, please go to https://project.asterics.eu.