# Use Cases
# Why AsTeRICS?
There are many Assistive Technologies available on the market, but in many cases they are too expensive or not suitable for a certain combination of disabilities.
- provides support for many consumer devices which can be used as input devices (e.g. switches, eye-tracker, webcam, …).
- let’s you combine several input devices depending on your capabilities (e.g. 2 switches + 1 eye-tracker).
- provides support for many use cases (e.g. computer control, environmental control).
- has more than 160 plugins.
- allows easily customizing existing solutions or designing new ones.
- is Open Source, which means that it is free forever and others can contribute to the framework.
# Partners & Funding
The AsTeRICS project was funded by international and national research grants. AsTeRICS was initiated by KI-I Linz (opens new window) and the UAS Technikum Wien (opens new window). The creation of this web page was funded by the City of Vienna, MA23, in course of the project StudyATHome Internationally (Grant Nr. 22-07). In Feb. 2017 the AsTeRICS Foundation (opens new window) was founded to bring the project results to people with disabilities, to organize workshops and to maintain project results, see About Us.
# AsTeRICS Project Web Page
This is a newly created web page to present AsTeRICS technologies and corresponding documentation. If you are looking for the web page of the original AsTeRICS project, please go to https://project.asterics.eu (opens new window).