Component Type: Sensor (Subcategory: File System)
This component reads lines from a text file and sends them to an output port. The line reading can be triggered by an incoming event.
# Input port Description
- skipLines (integer): When an integer number is received at this port, the component tries to skip this number of lines. The next line will be read from the resulting position.
# Output port Description
- actLine (string): A line of text which has been read from the file (as line termination character, the “enter”-key (\n) is used.
# Event Listener Description
- readNextLine: When this event is triggered, the component tries to read one line of text from the file and sends it to the output port.
- resetToFirstLine: When this event is triggered, the internal file pointer is reset ot the beginning of the file.
# Event Trigger Description
- endOfFile: This event is fired when no line can be read from the file (file end or other error occurred)
- fileName [string]: The full path and file name of the text file to read. The path can be given as absolute path or relative to the ARE executable’s directory