Component Type: Sensor (Subcategory: Simulation)
The SignalGenerator component can generate several output waveforms for component tests or other purposes like timing or event generation. Available waveforms are sine, sawtooth, rectangle and random signal data.
# Output Port Description
- out [double]: The generated waveform is provided at this port.
- sendInterval [integer]: This value specifies the output rate in milliseconds. Please note that the output rate has to be fast enough to assemble the selected output frequency. For example if a frequency of 2 Hz is set, the send_interval should not be greater than 125 milliseconds according to the sample theorem.
- waveForm [integer]: The waveform types random, sine, sawtooth and rectangle can be selected.
- frequency [double]: The frequency of the output signal in Hertz.
- amplitude [double]: The amplitude of the output signal.
- phaseShift [double]: The output signal is phase-shifted by this value (in milliseconds).
- offset [double]: Amplitude-offset of the output signal (this value is added to each generated waveform value).