# Legacy Digital Out
# Component Type: Actuator (Subcategory: Generic Control Output)
The DigitalOut plugin operates the output ports of the legacy GPIO CIM (CIM Id: 0x0201). The output ports 1-4 are open-collector outputs, where a pull-up resistor can be activated or deactivated using the plugin’s properties. The output ports 5-8 are relais outputs where loads can be connected via a galvanic isolation barrier. The plugin provides event listener ports which serve the activation or deactivation of an output channel, and a command port which accepts string parameters to set, clear and toggle particular output channels.
Legacy DigitalOut plugin
This component requires the GPIO CIM (CIM Id: 0x0201) to be connected to an USB port.
Legacy GPIO CIM
# Input port Description
- action [string]: The plugin reacts to incoming action strings starting with “@GPIO:” and a command. Valid commands are “set”, “clear”, “toggle” and “press”. The command has to be followed by a comma and the port number, for example: “@GPIO:set,1” or “@GPIO:toggle,2”. The “press”-command toggles the given output port two times with a delay of 500 milliseconds. The following examples illustrate the available action strings:
- “@DIGITALOUT:set,1”: Pin 1 of the GPIO CIM will be set
- _"@DIGITALOUT:clear,2":_Pin 2 of the GPIO CIM will be cleared
- “@DIGITALOUT:toggle,1”: Pin 1 of the GPIO CIM will be changed
- “@DIGITALOUT:press,4”: Pin 4 of the GPIO CIM will be cleared and after 500ms it will be set again
# Event Listener Description
- setOutput1 to setOutput8: an incoming event on these ports will cause the corresponding output port on the CIM to go to the high level.
- clearOutput1 to clearOutput8: an incoming event on these ports will cause the corresponding output port on the CIM to go to the low level.
- pullupStateOut1 to pullupStateOut4 [boolean]: These properties specify if the internal pullup resistor shall be activated on the respective open collector output channels.