# SSVEP Stimulator
Component Type: Actuator (Subcategory: Brain Computer Interface)
This plug-in allows the user to interact with the SW-generated flickering surfaces (panels) for SSVEP stimulation. The stimulation frequency of the panels can be modified before the stimulation is started.
A recent version of DirectX has to be installed.
# Input Port Description
- frequency [integer]: the stimulation frequency the SW-generated panel in Hertz. The value ranges from 1 to 20 Hertz.
# Event Listener Description
- startStim: starts the stimulation of the SW-generated flickering panels when receiving an event.
- stopStim: stops the stimulation of the SW-generated flickering panels when receiving an event.
# Event Trigger Description
- stimPeriodFinished: an event is emitted through this port when the stimulation period of N miliseconds has finished.
- onBitmapFile [string]: filename of a bitmap file which is used in the on-phase of the stimulation. The file is expected in the data/SSVEPStimulator subfolder of the ARE. The filename is given without extenstion (e.g. “arrow_up” for the file “ARE/data/SSVEPStimulator/arrow_up.bmp”)
- offBitmapFile [string]: filename of a bitmap file which is used in the off-phase of the stimulation. (same filname format as above)
- xPosition [integer]: x-position of the flickering surface on the desktop/screen.
- yPosition [integer]: y-position of the flickering surface on the desktop/screen.
- frequency [integer]: default stimulation frequency of in Hertz. This property ranges from 1 to 20 Hertz.
- msec [integer]: duration in miliseconds of the stimulation started by the startStimPeriod event.